Title: Landscape Foreman
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Superintendent
Please call Austin @ 386-623-2390
The Landscape Foreman position requires work in a fast-paced, team environment in various elements of weather performing multiple job responsibilities, often near a major roadway. This is a leadership position which requires the ability to manage, coach, mentor, train, and discipline as needed. The Landscape Foreman position requires high proficiency in resource (time, materials, and labor) management. This position requires skill in the performance of all landscape and/or irrigation installation and establishment tasks, written and verbal communication, and exceptional attention to detail.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
Tasks may include (based on services offered within assigned region), but are not limited to the following:
· Maintain professional work ethic
o Strive for customer satisfaction (“customer” includes FDOT employees, representatives, and affiliates)
o Ensure each project receives quality service
o Communicate considerately with customers and the public
o Communicate effectively with management, team members, subcontractors, and vendors
o Maintain work schedule and work needs
o Respond to customer requests in a timely manner
o Ensure quick and agreeable conflict resolution
o Communicate all project concerns with Landscape Supervisor
o Communicate professionally (using English grammar rules and proper etiquette) in writing and speech
o Adjust and adapt to timelines and workloads
o Ensure daily method of communication with Landscape Supervisor
o Promptly return missed calls from supervisor or office
· Ensure understanding of expectation and specifications for projects and communicate same to your crew
· Accept responsibility for your crew’s work
· Access crew knowledge and train accordingly
· Advise supervisor if you feel a crew member is not a good fit for their current position
· Crew relations and discipline
o Ensure quick and agreeable conflict resolution
o Work to create a good crew “culture”, where everyone feels appreciated, understands their duties, has everything needed to complete those duties and is heard if there is a concern
o Understand and enforce Company policy and consequence of policy violation according to the Employee Manual
o Document all policy violations, written and verbal disciplinary action on current Company forms, and submit to supervisor promptly
· Safety first
o Always take a safety-first approach
o Ensure laborers are dressed in Company uniform and performing tasks safely and efficiently
o Ensure all vehicles and equipment are working properly and report any needed repairs immediately
o Inspect all vehicles and equipment according to the set frequency
o Report all accidents on current Company forms and submit to your supervisor immediately
o Conduct weekly safety meetings to review safety procedures and concerns
o Maintain assigned service vehicle, equipment, and tools in clean/good working condition
o Adhere to all driving laws and Company policies when operating company vehicles
o Strive to protect Oasis and yourself from damages due to negligence
· Prepare and complete paperwork daily
o Ensure all documentation is completed, accurate, and sent to the office daily (either on paper or in iPad)
o Capture all crew time accurately and submit to office daily
o Report any concerns or returns needed on job sites daily
· Ensure you have all materials and equipment needed each day before leaving base
· Acquire necessary landscape certifications (FNGLA, Advanced MOT, Certified Arborist, etc.)
· Seek budget and/or sales opportunities by looking for ways in which to cut costs when appropriate and ensure potential additional work is proposed, documented, and added by Work Order or Supplemental Agreement
· Seek to make yourself, your crew, and Oasis more efficient
· Completion of our initial technical training and participation in regular update training to stay current with proven practices and methods to decide on the most efficient solutions for customer's needs
· Must attend and complete any required CEU requirements
· Additional projects as assigned
Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Skills
· Complete a minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
· Successful completion of company approved training program
· Ability to calculate basic math
· Ability to walk, climb, stoop, reach, crawl, crouch, kneel, push, pull, and lift a minimum of 50lbs
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on employee and customer relations.
· Safety first focus
· Ability to work Saturdays and Sundays as required by project schedule
· Ability to work more than 8-hours per day if needed to meet goals
· Possess valid driver license and be at least 18 years of age
· Ability to pass seven-year criminal background check
· Ability to pass seven-year motor vehicle report and meet eligibility requirements criteria of insurance carrier
· Ability to pass substance abuse testing
Associated Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
· Ability to read and understand product/PPE labels accurately to ensure they are properly applied, stored, and disposed of in compliance with State and Federal laws
· Ability to establish strong internal and external relationships
· Ability to work with limited supervision, adhering to project timeline and work needs
Core Job Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following job competencies:
· Cooperation/Teamwork - Works harmoniously and contributes to building a positive team culture while working with others to get a job done; responds positively to instructions and procedures.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time and instills same in team members.
· Attention to Detail – Ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently including but not limited to following verbal and written instructions.
· Customer Service – Understands the importance of customer needs and has a genuine concern to resolve problems and respond with urgency.
· Results Orientation – Focus effort on desired result, set and meet or exceed challenging goals
· Personal Credibility – Demonstrates concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
· Technical Expertise – Demonstrates depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
· Valid insurable FL Driver’s license
· Advanced TTV/MOT Certification
· SWPPP Inspector Certification
· FDACS JE and LF Licenses
Works in outdoor environment and is subject to inclement weather, hot, humid, cold, rainy, and other weather-related conditions. Team Member is subject to significant noise causing the need to shout to be heard above surrounding noise level. Works with chemicals and other industry-related products. Paid time off available on next January 1st. Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision, Life) available after 90 days of employment. 401K available after one year of employment.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Team member is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and heavy equipment. Subject to outside environmental conditions including atmospheric conditions of one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory systems: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation. No effective protection from the weather or temperature changes. Physical requirements include exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move object in addition to climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Equipment or Machines Routinely Used in This Position
This position requires operation of various size trucks, trailers, manual and power equipment, chemical application equipment such as backpack and small power sprayers, hand tools and other devices used to maintain equipment. The Foreman will also use and maintain ladders and all PPE associated with their position.
Pay: $14.00 - $18.00 per hour