Landscape Design & Estimator
Locally owned and operated Landscape design / build / installation company in business for over 30 years in Palm City, Florida, is interviewing for a go-getting self-starter that can manage our jobs from start to finish. This individual must be highly organized, with paying special attention to detail. Duties and responsibilities include:
• Check all landscape designs for discrepancies.
• Design landscape projects using CAD program Landscape Pro.
• Organize job files and account for financial cost.
• Prepare work estimates by proposals, blueprints, and specifications.
• Working knowledge / understanding of identifying labor/ material, and time requirements with ability to compute costs.
• Prepare and present estimates.
• Maintain cost database through software.
• Maintain contact and establish relationships with vendors, employees, and organizations.
• Work in the field with the jobs you are overseeing. Landscape Design & Estimator Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience and Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Google Drive software, email, and word processing documents.
• Understanding of construction documents.
• Read and interpret blueprints.
• Ability to coordinate and work independently in office environment.
• Knowledge of CAD software
• AIA PAYMENT FORMS
• Can multi-task and work well under pressure, with the ultimate goal of delivering on a deadline.
• Interested and passionate about the Landscaping Industry
• Contributes to team success by accomplishing related tasks as needed. Education and Experience Requirements:.
• MINIMUM 5 YEARS OF FLORIDA experience as an estimator IN THE LANDSCAPE INSTALLATION BUSINESS • COLLEGE DEGREE IS NOT NECESSARILY REQUIRED AS WE WOULD ALSO LOOK AT WORKING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE OF THE CANDIDATE
Compensation and Benefits: Our design associate / estimator would be an in-office salaried position and the time required to work is standard office hours from 8am-5pm five days a week. If the need for additional time is required to meet deadlines and customer requests, you will need to be available in order to complete your work. Compensation would be a minimum of 900.00 per week, with immediate benefits from day one. After 90 days we can evaluate performance where an increase is very much possible. If you are interested in interviewing for this opportunity, please call our office at 772-283-4123.