Capital Land Management invites you to be part of a dynamic fast growing organization. We are looking to fill various positions (Contract Managers, Crew Leaders, Irrigation Technicians, Pest Control Technicians and Gardeners) throughout our branches- Lakeland, Lithia, Kissimmee, and Land O'Lakes.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Health, Dental, Vision insurance plans. Short Term Disability, Accident Policies, Life Insurance, vacation time.
Our Mission: Inspire purpose as we impact our people and the green industry.
Our Vision: To be the best company to work with by creating an unrivaled culture of growth and opportunity.
Our Goal: Provide a path that will impact our teams members lives both personally and professionally.
Our Core Values: Selfless People, Fulfilling Purpose, Creating a Path, Impacting Others.
Pest Control Technician Essential Functions - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assist in the completion of daily tasks, and routes provided to Foreman
2. Develop familiarity with chemical products and usage rates
3. Learn assigned properties and ensure all turf and shrubs do not go un-treated
4. Learn the basics of the Upkeep App and how to document every visit
5. Must be BMP Certified within 30 days of hire
6. Wear required PPE, and attire while on the job
7. Expected to operate company vehicle with safety in mind for themselves, and other drivers
8. Ensure all chemical boxes and vehicle doors are locked when unattended
9. Ensure all equipment is accounted for when leaving a job site
10. Check truck inventory at the end of each day and stock for tomorrow’s route
11. Make sure to have all the tools needed for the job each morning before leaving shop
12. Keep vehicle and equipment clean from chemical stains and fertilizer build up
13. Keep shop and products clean and organized
14. Pallets, garbage, fertilizer bags all removed from shop each day
15. Triple rinse chemical containers and puncture several times before disposal
16. Must carry Spray I.D. on persons at all times
17. Follow proper pest control flag placement
18. Prepared for necessary steps in case of spill
· Adhere to all company policies as documented in employee handbook and safety manual
· Always represent the companies best interest, maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism
· Performs related work as required.
1. Safe and effective use of pesticides.
2. Keen eye for detail when scouting
3. Problem Solving/Analysis.
5. Communication Proficiency.
6. Teamwork Orientation.
7. Program development and evaluation;
8. Local, State and Federal laws relating to pest control, worker safety and personnel issues;
9. Computers, software, and their applications.
This job operates in an outdoor environment only. This role routinely uses both non-power and gas powered tools and equipment. Handles and has contact with toxic and hazardous substances, a variety of biting and stinging insects, poisonous plants, and dangerous and diseased animals and other vectors. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds. Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Weather conditions can be sporadic and may call for temporary delays, or re-scheduling. Wind must be monitored as it can greatly affect the droplet size and intended direction of your spray.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk an average of 3 miles per hour; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly; bends and stoop repeatedly; carry 40 pounds of liquid in a backpack sprayer; wear required personal protective equipment in both hot and cold environments. Required to walk long distances while pulling 300 ‘foot hose or pushing a spreader.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part-time or full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Overtime and weekends as required meeting deadlines and contractual agreements.
Primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
1. At least 21 years of age
2. High School diploma or equivalent.
3. BMP Certified, or must complete within first 30 days holding position.
Preferred Education and Experience
· Minimum 1 year experience
· Bilingual in Spanish and English highly preferred
· Valid Florida Driver’s License with eligibility to be insured on company policy
· Personal protective equipment provided or required
· Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place