Submit your resume to: email@example.com
You may call 863-272-2055
Capital Land Management invites you to be part of a dynamic fast growing organization. We are looking to fill various positions (Contract Managers, Crew Leaders, Irrigation Technicians, Pest Control Technicians and Gardeners) throughout our branches- Lakeland, Lithia, Kissimmee, and Land O'Lakes.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Health, Dental, Vision insurance plans. Short Term Disability, Accident Policies, Life Insurance, vacation time.
Our Mission: Inspire purpose as we impact our people and the green industry.
Our Vision: To be the best company to work with by creating an unrivaled culture of growth and opportunity.
Our Goal: Provide a path that will impact our teams members lives both personally and professionally.
Our Core Values: Selfless People, Fulfilling Purpose, Creating a Path, Impacting Others.
Irrigation Technician Essential Functions - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Turns irrigation systems on and off as designated.
- Repairs and replaces large pvc pipes, and numerous types of sprinkler heads and makes adjustments as needed.
- Operates timers, clocks, and controls for sprinklers.
- Replaces or repairs irrigation valves.
- Installs or repairs irrigation lines.
- Working knowledge of advanced electrical diagnostics.
- Ability to diagnose and perform repairs on two wire irrigation systems.
- Ability to operate irrigation related tools such as: valve tracker, fault locator, ICD tool, etc.
- Working knowledge of pump systems and how they operate as well as basic diagnostics.
- Identifies areas of insufficient irrigation coverage.
- The ability to operate light and heavy motorized equipment.
- May assist in various maintenance activities as required.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Completes work orders that are assigned.
- Ability to supervise a small labor force for special projects
- Develop and lead an inspection team.
- Enforces safety of the customer, job site, and company employee’s.
- Completes and processes irrigation reports to the Asset Manager.
- Ability to supervisor and manage others
- Safe and effective use of hand tools and small power tools, and trenchers.
- Keen eye for detail when scouting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
This position will manage employees of the department and may be responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department.
This job operates in an outdoor environment only. This role routinely uses both non-power and gas powered tools and equipment. Handles and has contact with toxic and hazardous substances, a variety of biting and stinging insects, poisonous plants, and dangerous and diseased animals and other vectors. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds. Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk an average of 3 miles per hour; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly; bends and stoop repeatedly; wear required personal protective equipment in both hot and cold environments.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part-time or full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Overtime and weekends as required to meet deadlines and contractual agreements.
Primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
1. Minimum 18 years of age
- Minimum 2 year experience
3. Previous work in outside environment for long periods of time
4. Verifiable references
- Valid Florida Driver’s License with eligibility to be insured on company policy
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place