Grow Your Career at Landcrafters!
Landcrafters is looking for a positive, hands-on, able-to-multi-task, experienced individual to work in our Horticulture Division. As we provide the number of high-end residential clients with stunning landscapes, we are in need of an expert with developed attention to detail. Someone who knows how to evaluate garden needs in a timely and effective manner. If you love working with plants and know your way around Florida-friendly greenery – you might be a perfect fit for our Horticulture Division!
We are one of the most prominent landscaping companies in Florida Gulf Coast, offering a wide range of expert landscape management & enhancement services, including our Premium Gardening Service. We provide our experts with best-in-class equipment and landscaping technologies so they can always deliver superior results to our clients. We are home to talented experts who have more than 150 years of combined experience, supported by a team of professionals from different industries.
Landcrafters never stops investing in our employees – improving their skills and their job satisfaction. We are also supportive of our experts in all terms possible, including giving them the opportunity to advance within a company.
You will work under the direction of the Horticultural Manager and, as needed, direct a knowledgeable crew, including actively-participating in hands-on tasks. Experience in plant recognition, hand-pruning (deep, rejuvenate, natural, hedging, thinning), and general horticulture garden practice are desired. So is the experience in, or a willingness to learn, seasonal flower install layout/design, small garden installation, while continuing to develop/enhance the fine gardening skills of the crew.
Job Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Hand-pruning specialty shrubs, trees, and vines
- Deadheading and grooming perennials, roses, and annuals
- Designing and installing plant material in containers and garden spaces
- Identifying and treating pests and diseases
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Watering, mulching, staking, and other general maintenance tasks
- Demonstrated skill and ability serving customers
- Two-or four-year horticultural or related degree and two years industry experience. Additional industry experience or industry certifications can substitute for non-related degree, two-year degree or no degree
- Ability to identify and diagnose insect and disease problems and schedule appropriate treatment
- Understanding of proper horticulture methods for planting, pruning, etc.
- Good time management skills/capable of meeting deadlines
- Ability to work on a team, learn quickly, and follow direction
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Valid drivers license with a clean record over the last three years
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Paid time off with over holiday pay as well
- Access to medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Expert training
- The opportunity to further improve your knowledge in various sub-fields of landscaping and landscape management
- The opportunity to advance within a company
Visit our website (www.landcraftersfl.com) to get more info about the company, our values, and our clients.
Job Type: Full-time